Sunday, October 12, 2014

Pressure..... Not the Freddie Mercury Kind

I have made a lot of progress with this project. Since I am planning an event and it is slowly creeping up on the calender, I am starting to feel the pressure that comes with event planning.

Since I was unable to find a professional beep baseball team to play against our team, I had to go to my Plan B. Our team will be split in half and they will play against each other. I will be able to provide blindfolds through a woman who hosted the event prior to myself. I have purchased a beep baseball which will be donated to Campabilities, a camp that teaches beep baseball after the event. The team is able to provide hitting T's and bases. In order to know where the bases are, volunteers will stand by the bases and clap for the players so they will be able to locate the bases themselves. All of this has been explained to the players through many lengthy emails.

I am in the process of having flyers made in order to promote the event and to also provide the professors with deliverables to have a better idea of what will be going on. My next goal will be to develop a media list to get the local media outlets to cover the event. I also have a spreadsheet to keep track of which outlets represent which area. The list includes a lot of the players' hometowns so they will be able to have local coverage as well. I also hope to reach out to student affairs for help in promoting the event campus wide.

Also, one of the players sent me a video of a real beep baseball game which has been helpful to them in learning how to play. Check it out below:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yDiJoNDhXM4

No comments:

Post a Comment